9.11.09

Original Art


























These are some new originals I'm working on. They are a mix of acrylics, oil stick and screen print on canvas (each piece is 105cm x 40cm). The colour palette was inspired by Melbourne's northern weatherboard homes and the pizza shop on my corner.. I love the different shades of colour you get when an EH Wagon or an old wall begin to fade, combined with a quick touch up job or over painted graffiti. The result of the old and new paint begin to tell a story. The theme I'm exploring here is the idea that while the world is caught up in trying to be better, faster, stronger... we are losing the richness of the days of yesterday and of life itself. The retro colour palette supports elements/triggers to faded childhood memories. They were originally going to be separate pieces but after working on them together they've become siblings.. I don't think I can separate them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment